one of the very awesome things about a federation like this one is that we can easily make a wide range of sociological experiments at medium scales.
Paid subscription instances, open crowdfunded, ad-financed, opaque-donations, mysteriously-funded, whatever. Direct democracy, admin council, any kind of election and dictatorship, ... You can do it and we can *compare*.
that's potentially very instructive.
Fav if you take the party with you wherever you go
Boost if you can stand in a corner and awkwardly sway to music with a drink in your hand anywhere and the party is just a nice to have
#WordPress 4.8.1 Maintenance Release
SimAirport, an airport design and management game is looking for Linux testers
Done compiling the notes, #Mastodon v1.5.0 is released: https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/releases/tag/v1.5.0
CHOOSE YOUR FUTURE BODY
1. Mecha-satyr designed by someone who doesn't know about digitigrade legs
2. Orb, Keurig branded
3. Living Adidas tracksuit worn by a 3rd-party Hatsune Miku instance
4. Dog, non-idealized
5. Taur-shaped autonomous killdrone (must work 12 hours a day but you won't remember any of it)
6. Perfectly optimized rationalism mainframe (prone to sudden and prolonged fanfic-writing binges)
7. Slime entity, non-idealized
8. Benedict Cumberbatch fan-clone (malware-infected)
I'm loving #Mastodon so far. However, I'm finding myself joining extra instances all over the place to find people in the same niches I like. It's frustrating, and I feel one of the big limitations of Mastodon that may force it to hit a glass ceiling eventually. Unless someone has a better way of doing things? How do you folks discover new people, do you just stick to the federated timeline?
Ah. I had a mail server problem which held up the bug report
@cy the NC stops primarily commercial use. So a paywalled site where you have to "donate" to get access I don't think could use NC. However your blog or a Mastodon instance with "if you like it please donate" link could use NC because the money link is not the primary purpose.